Draft Active Travel Strategy for Fingal
Fingal County Council is inviting the public to view and respond to a draft Active Travel Strategy for Fingal. Created by the Department of Environment, Climate Action and Active Travel, this document is a first for Fingal as it looks to the future of Active Travel and transport in the county.
The Strategy details ambitions to increase the number of people choosing Active Travel for everyday short journeys and sets out a wide array of infrastructure and initiatives designed to support that goal.
We are asking everyone who is interested in how Fingal moves to read this draft Strategy and tell us what you think. We want to hear from you!
The feedback gathered in this public consultation will be used to inform the final Strategy document.
Following the closure of this Public Consultation on 23 May 2022, the project team will consider all submissions as they finalise the document, which will then undergo screening and is expected to be published in Q3 2022. Once finalised the Active Travel Strategy for Fingal will be used by key decision makers in Fingal County Council to inform choices that influence how people travel in the county.
How can I get involved?
- Read the documents, which can be found in the 'Materials' section to the right of this page and share your views with us.
- Click the purple 'Make a Submission' button to begin writing. We're interested in your comments and suggestions on all aspects of the draft Strategy.
- Make you submission before 23.59hrs on Monday, 23 May 2022.
- If you would prefer to make a submission by post pleae send it to: Senior Executive Engineer, Fingal County Council, Department of Environment, Climate Action and Active Travel, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, D15 W638.
- Please mark your submission clearly for the 'Active Travel Strategy for Fingal' so that is correctly recorded, as we have several consultations running at the same time.
Join us for an Information Session
We look forward to welcoming the public to two online information sessions taking place via Teams. At these sessions you will meet the project team, hear a brief presentation and have the chance to ask questions about the Active Travel Strategy for Fingal. To register for one of these sessions please click on the date below that suits you best:
If you'd like to learn more about Active Travel in Fingal visit https://www.fingal.ie/activetravel/strategy