Section 177AE: Application to An Bord Pleanála - Racecourse Park Development Project
APPLICATION TO AN BORD PLEANÁLA FOR APPROVAL
RACECOURSE PARK DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Notice is hereby given that Fingal County Council intends to make an application for approval to An Bord Pleanála under Section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) to carry out a park development project at the Racecourse Park located between Baldoyle and Portmarnock, Co. Dublin.
The proposed development consists of:
- 4.5km of new walking and cycling routes including a bridge over the Mayne river and the repair to the railway underpass;
- Public lighting along key walking and cycling routes
- Expanding the existing car park to cater for up to 161 car parking spaces;
- Upgrading and expanding the existing playground;
- A Skate park and Teenage Adventure Playground;
- A Multi use games area;
- A dog run;
- A Bowls green;
- Four grass football pitches
- A viewing platform
- Tracing of circular archaeological feature through soft landscaping and removal of existing fence;
- Extension of existing reedbed south of Mayne river and creation of new brackish grassland north of Mayne river;
- All landscaping works in the park.
A Natura Impact Assessment has been prepared in respect of the proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
A copy of the Natura Impact Statement and the Plans and Particulars of the proposed development may be inspected free of charge or purchased on payment of a specified fee (which shall not exceed the reasonable cost of making such copy) at the following locations from Tuesday 7th September 2021 to Tuesday 26th October 2021(inclusive):
- The offices of Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin and the Fingal County Council Civic Offices, Grove Road. Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 during office hours Monday – Thursday between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm and Friday between the hours 9.00am and 4.30pm (excluding Bank & Public Holidays) by APPOINTMENT. Please contact Customer Care Unit at Phone No. 01-8905000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment
- The Offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, Monday – Friday during working hours between the hours 9.15am and 5.30pm (excluding Bank and Public Holidays). Note due to COVID-19, it is recommended that persons contact the Office to arrange viewing of the application in advance (Phone: (01) 858 8100 or Lo-call 1890 275 175).
Submissions or observations may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 D01V902 before Tuesday 26th October 2021 relating to:
- the implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned
- the likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- the likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European Site, if carried out.
Any submissions or observations must be received by An Bord Pleanála no later than 5.30pm on Tuesday 26th October 2021
A person may question the validity of any such decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review under Order 84 of the Rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986) in accordance with Section 50 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000, as amended
Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading ‘Publications – Judicial Review Notice’ on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizen’s Information website www.citizensinformation.ie
Director of Services
Planning and Strategic Infrastructure Department 7th September 2021