Temporary Road Closure, Garristown Co. Dublin
ROADS ACT 1993 TO 2015– SECTION 75
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF ROADS IN GARRISTOWN, CO. DUBLIN
An application has been received from Garristown Community Council for permission to temporarily close roads in the Garristown area for the purpose of holding a fundraising 5km and 10km run. It is proposed that the road will be closed from 11.00am to 4.00pm Sunday 4th March 2018.
The roads in question are:-
• Sections of the R130
• Sections of the L5020 The Head Road
• Sections of the L1030 Windmill Road
• L5025 Plucky Lane
• L5030 Doles Road
• L5035 Hedge Road
• L1006 Garristown to Ardcath Road
• Sections of L50101 (Meath County Council’s Administrative Area)
• Sections of L50102 (Meath County Council’s Administrative Area)
Alternative routes available for vehicular traffic are as follows:-
Motorists travelling from the north of Garristown to Oldtown, Naul Village, Ballyboughal, Lusk or Swords, should turn left onto the Flemington Road to the R108, turning right for the Naul Village.
From the Naul Village:
• For Ballyboughal, motorists should continue along the R108.
• For Oldtown, motorists should travel along the R108 to Ballyboughal turning right onto the R129 for Oldtown.
• For Swords, motorists should continue along the R108 to the junction of the R125 taking a left turn on the R125.
• For Balbriggan, motorists should turn left onto the R122.
• For Lusk, continue along the R108 taking a left turn onto the R129, then right onto the R132 and left at Blakes Cross onto the R127.
Motorists travelling from the north of Garristown to Ashbourne, should turn right onto the Flemington Road, and then left onto the R152 and right onto the N2.
Motorists travelling on the R130 wishing to access areas north of Garristown should travel south along the R130 to the R125, taking a left turn onto the R125 ( Swords direction), then left on the R108 continuing north of Naul Village taking a left turn onto Flemington Road and a right turn onto the
Pedestrians, Emergency Vehicles and local access will be facilitated by local marshals. Diversion signage and marshals will be in place for the duration of the closure.
Any person may lodge an objection online through this portal or in writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Balbriggan Swords Operational Area, Fingal County Council, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, to arrive no later than 4.00pm on Friday 9th February 2018.