Proposed Local Area Plan Rivermeade
Fingal County Development Plan 2011-2017
Consultations under Section 20 of the Planning and Development Act 2000-2015
Section 20 of the Planning & Development Acts 2000 – 2015 requires the Planning Authority to consult with the public before preparing or amending a Local Area Plan.
Fingal County Council adopted a Local Area Plan for Rivermeade on 10th June 2013. The Council intends to immediately commence the review of the LAP for Rivermeade and to prepare an amended Local Area Plan for:
Rivermeade, Co. Dublin.
The lands comprise an area of approximately 41 hectares [102 Acres] and are zoned ‘RV’ where it is the objective to:
‘Protect and promote the character of the Rural Village and promote a vibrant community in accordance with an approved Local Area Plan, and the availability of physical and community infrastructure’.
Among the key issues to be addressed are:-
1. The appropriate quantum, mix and density of new residential development
2. Urban design and strategic landscaping
3. Protection and enhancement of amenities
4. Expanded recreational, leisure, education and community facilities
5. Proposed village centre providing for local shopping, facilities and other services
6. Business and employment uses
8. Infrastructural proposals
9. Pedestrian, cycle and vehicular access
10. Public transportation
11. Climate change, sustainability , energy and waste management
12. Water and drainage infrastructure
Strategic Environmental Assessment [SEA] and Appropriate Assessment: the Draft LAP will be screened for both Strategic Environmental Assessment and Appropriate Assessment.
A map outlining the lands in question is available on the Fingal Website:
as well as at the following locations (excluding public holidays): -
Fingal County Council Offices:
County Hall, Swords, Fingal, Co. Dublin: Mon – Thurs 9.00 am – 5.00 pm & Fri 9.00 am to 4.30 pm
Blanchardstown Offices, Grove Road, Fingal, Dublin 15. Mon – Thurs 9.00 am – 5.00 pm & Fri 9.00 am to 4.30 pm
- Rathbeale Public Library, Rathbeale Road, Swords – Check locally for opening hours.
- Rivermeade Community Centre - Check locally for opening hours.
- Blanchardstown Public Library, Civic Centre, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 – Check locally for opening hours.
The County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make submissions or observations before the Draft Local Area Plan is prepared.
Online submissions or observations may be made through our website
https://consult.fingal.ie/en/browse on or before 11 October 2016.
Written submissions or observations should also be submitted on or before 11 October 2016 to:
Senior Executive Officer,
Dated: 30 August 2016