Part 8 - The Ballymastone Recreational Hub Development Project, Ballymastone, Donabate, Co. Dublin
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (AS AMENDED) PART 8 OF THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (AS AMENDED)
The Ballymastone Recreational Hub Development Project, Ballymastone, Donabate, Co. Dublin.
In accordance with Part XI of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) and Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), Fingal County Council hereby gives notice of the proposed works listed hereunder to be carried out at the above site:
The Ballymastone Recreational Hub and main ancillary infrastructure:
- 1 No. 8 Lane 400m Athletics Track (All weather surface).
- 1 No. Grass Sports Pitch (100m x 64m).
- No. All-weather Pitch (1 GAA/2 Soccer) (150m x 106m).
- Combined Public Skatepark and Playground Facility.
- Car Park (191 No. Spaces incl. 20 No. Universally Accessible Spaces).
- Coach Park (6 Spaces).
- Bicycle Parking: 300 No. Bicycle Parking Spaces.
- 3 No. Bleacher seating structures.
- Sports Hub enclosure fencing (1.8 M high Security Fencing).
- 6 M wide Vehicular Access Road through site from cycle protected junction on Donabate Distributor Road.
- Extensive dedicated Walking and Cycling infrastructure linking to adjoining networks.
- Associated Foul/Fresh Water & ESB Connections and Fibre Optic Communications Connections.
Recreational Hub Lighting Including:
- Public lighting of primary circulation/road network.
- Public lighting of Car Park.
- 8 No. Floodlights around All-weather Sports Pitches.
- 8 No. Floodlights around Athletics Track & Grass Sports Pitch.
- Extensive Landscape Planting using predominately native Tree and Shrub Species.
- Extensive Earthen Berms to incorporate excavated soil and to enclose and screen the facility from surrounding areas.
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Infrastructure (SuDS) to ensure surface water is attenuated within the site.
- All ancillary Site Works.
In accordance with Article 81 and Article 120 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 (As Amended), Fingal County Council has concluded from a preliminary examination that no significant effects on the environment are likely as a result of the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required. Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection and/or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from Tuesday 6th July 2021 up to and including Wednesday 4th August 2021 (excluding bank holidays and weekends) at the following locations:
Fingal County Council Offices, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 X8Y2, during normal opening hours (Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm).
Fingal County Council Civic Offices, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, D15 W638, during normal opening hours (Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm).
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the Council’s offices are accessible by appointment only. Please contact Customer Care Unit at Phone No. 01-8905000 or email: email@example.com to make an appointment.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will also be available for inspection online on the Council’s Consultation Portal https://consult.fingal.ie/en/consultation/part-8-ballymastone-recreational-hub-development-project-ballymastone-donabate-co-dublin from Tuesday 6th July 2021 up to and including Wednesday 4th August 2021.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made as follows
Online: via the Council’s Consultation Portal https://consult.fingal.ie/en/consultation/part-8-ballymastone-recreational-hub-development-project-ballymastone-donabate-co-dublin
By post in writing addressed to: Senior Executive Officer, Planning & Strategic Infrastructure Department, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co Dublin K67 X8Y2.
Submissions can be made from Tuesday 6th July 2021 and must be received before 11.59pm on Wednesday 18th August 2021. Only submissions received before 11.59pm on Wednesday 18th August 2021 will be considered.
NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only and ensure postal submissions are clearly identified as for “Ballymastone Recreational Hub”.
All the issues that are raised in submissions and observations to the Council in regard to this development, including the response of the Chief Executive thereto, will form part of the statutory report to be presented to the monthly meeting of Fingal County Council. The statutory report will list the persons or bodies who made submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development in accordance with regulations made under Part XI of the Planning and Development Act as amended. The minutes of that meeting including the statutory report will appear on the Council’s Website. Details including the names of those making submissions or observations may also be shared with relevant Council Departments and agents working on their behalf.
Matthew McAleese, Director of Services,
Planning and Strategic Infrastructure Department
Dated: 6th July 2021