Temporary Road Closures in Swords for the Frank Duffy 10 Mile
ROADS ACT 1993 TO 2015 – SECTION 75
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF ROADS IN SWORDS, CO. DUBLIN
An application has been received from SSE Airtricity Dublin Race Series for permission to temporarily close several roads in the Swords area for the purpose of holding a 10 mile Road Race. It is proposed that the roads will be closed with varying times between 7.00am to 2.00pm Sunday 2nd September 2018.
The roads in question are:
- Main Street (Bridge Street to Church Road at Lord Mayors) will be closed from 7.00am to 11.00am. Local access will be maintained.
- Bridge Street to Watery Lane will be closed from 7.00am to 11.00am.
- North Street (Bridge Street to R125) will be closed from 7.00am to 2.00pm.
- Malahide Road (Main Street to R132) will be closed from 9.00am to 10.00am. Access to the Pavilions Shopping Centre will be maintained via R132 at all times.
- Swords By-Pass (R132 Northbound), from R132- Malahide roundabout (Pavilions Shopping Centre) via Seatown roundabout onto Estuary roundabout to Ennis Lane, will be closed from 9.20am until 10.30am.
- Ennis Lane will be closed 9.00am to 11.00am.
- Magillstown Road, Hand’s Road and Skidoo Road (Harlockstown Lane) from Balheary Road to R108 will be closed from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
- R108 from Skidoo Road to Magillstown Road (Balheary Avenue/ Newtown Cottages) will be closed from 9.00am to 12.30pm.
- Magillstown Road (Balheary Avenue) from R108 to Balheary Road will be closed from 9.00am to 12.30pm.
- Balheary Road (from its junction with Magillstown Road) to North Street will be closed from 7.00am until 2.00pm.
- R125 from Balheary Road to R132 will be closed from 7.00am until 2.00pm.
- Access to Dublin Rd / Rivervalley will be maintained at all times.
Any person may lodge an objection online through the Consultation Portal, at https://consult.fingal.ie, or in writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Balbriggan Swords
Operational Area, Fingal County Council, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, to arrive no later than 4.00pm on Friday 10th August 2018.
Senior Executive Officer
Balbriggan Swords Operational Area
All comments, including the names of those making comments, submitted to the Council in regard to these Temporary Road Closures will form part of the statutory report to be presented to the monthly meeting of Fingal County Council.
Accordingly the statutory report will list the persons or bodies who made submissions or observations with respect to the proposed Temporary Road Closures in accordance with the regulations of the Road Traffic Act 1994.
The submissions will also be inlcuded in the minutes of that meeting and consequently will appear on the Council's Website. By making a submission the name of individual or bodies will appear on the statutory report and minutes of the meeting.