Temporary Road Closure - Skerries Trialathon
ROADS ACT 1993 TO 2015– SECTION 75
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF ROADS IN SKERRIES, CO. DUBLIN
An application has been received from the Fingal Triathlon Club for permission to temporarily close roads in the Skerries area for the purpose of holding a Triathlon race. It is proposed that the roads will be closed from 9.00am to 13.00 pm Sunday 5th September 2021.
The Road in question are:
• Red Island to Harbour Road
• Harbour Road to Quay Street
• Quay Street to Hoar Rock
• Hoar Rock to White Cottages
• Portion of Skerries to Balbriggan Road (R127) from "the White Cottages" to Hampton Cove.
Alternative routes available for traffic (No HGVs. See HGV diversion below)
are as follows:-
Access from Skerries to Balbriggan:
- R127 to the junction of the L1275/Blackhills, signposted Ardgillan Castle.
- Turn right onto L1275/Blackhills and follow the road north.
- At the T-Junction facing Ardgillan Castle Entrance take the left turn on to the Barnageragh Road(Baltrasna)
- Take the right turn at the T-Junction onto Rosepark(Darcytown Road) and follow the road towards Balrothery.
- At the junction take a right on to the Balrothery Drogheda Road (Coach Road).
- Follow the Coach Road to the junction of the R132
- Take the right turn onto the R132.
***HGVs- follow signs- divert via R128 (Loughshinny) and R127 (Lusk), then R132 northbound to Balbriggan.
Access from Balbriggan to Skerries:
- Take the R132 to Balrothery.
- Take the left turn, signposted Ardgillan Park.
- Take the Coach Road to the junction with Rosepark.
- Take a left on to Rosepark (Darcytown Rd) and continue to junction signposted Ardgillan Castle.
- Take the left turn on to the Barnageragh (Baltrasna) Road.
- Continue to the entrance of Ardgillan Castle and take the right turn at the T-Junction, on to the L1275/Blackhills.
- Follow the L1275 to the R127 and take a left.
***HGVs- follow signs divert via R132 (southbound) then take the R127 to Lusk and R128 (Loughshinny) to Skerries
No access from Balbriggan to Skerries via R127.
No access from Lusk to Skerries via R127.
Access to Ardgillan via R132 and Balrothery, Rosepark (Darcystown Road).
Local access, pedestrian and emergency vehicles will be facilitated by local marshals.
Diversion signage and marshals will be in place for the duration of the closure.
Any person may lodge an objection online through the Consultation Portal, at https://consult.fingal.ie, or in writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Balbriggan Swords Operational Area, Fingal County Council, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, to arrive no later than 4.00pm on Friday 20th August 2021.
Balbriggan, Rush /Lusk, Swords Operational Area
All comments, including the names of those making comments, submitted to the Council in regard to this Temporary Road Closure will form part of the statutory report to be presented to the monthly meeting of Fingal County Council.
Accordingly the statutory report will list the persons or bodies who made submissions or observations with respect to the proposed Temporary Road Closure in accordance with the regulations of the Road Traffic Act 1994.
The submissions will also be included in the minutes of that meeting and consequently will appear on the Council’s Website. By making a submission the name of individual or bodies will appear on the statutory report and minutes of the meeting.