Temporary Road Closure - Garristown, Co Dublin
ROADS ACT 1993 TO 2015– SECTION 75
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF ROADS IN GARRISTOWN, CO. DUBLIN
An application has been received from Garristown Community Council for permission to temporarily close roads in the Garristown area for the purpose of holding a fundraising 5km and 10km run. It is proposed that the roads will be closed from 9.00am to 12.30pm on Sunday 20th March 2022.
The roads in question are:-
• R-130 from its junction with the Head Road to its junction with the L-1006
• L-5020 The Head Road
• L-1030 Windmill Road
• L-5025 Plucky Lane
• L-5030 Doles Road
• L-5035 Hedge Road
• L1006 Garristown to Ardcath Road
It is proposed that these roads will be closed in conjunction with roads closures in County Meath.
Alternative routes available for vehicular traffic are as follows:-
· Motorists travelling from the north of Garristown to Oldtown, Naul Village, Ballyboughal, Lusk, Rolestown or Swords, should turn left onto Flemington Road to the R-108, turning right for the Naul Village.
From the Naul Village:
· For Ballyboughal, motorists should continue along the R-108.
· For Oldtown, motorists should turn right onto the R-122.
· For Swords and Rolestown, motorists should continue along the R-108 to the junction of the R-125, turning left onto the R-125 for Swords or right for Rolestown.
· For Balbriggan, motorists should turn left onto the R122.
· For Lusk, continue along the R-108 taking a left turn onto the R-129 at Ballyboughal, then right onto the R-132 and left at Blakes Cross onto the R-127.
· Motorists travelling from the north of Garristown to Ashbourne, should turn right onto Flemington Road, and then left onto the R-152 and left onto the N2.
· Motorists wishing to access areas north of Garristown may use the M2/N2, R-152 and Flemington Road from the Ashbourne direction. Alternatively from the Naul direction, motorists should take the R-108 northbound and turn left onto Flemington Road.
· Motorists traveling from Ashbourne should note that there will be no access to Garristown Village for the duration of the race from the L-1020 Sniperstown Road. Motorists may use the R130 to access Garristown.
Pedestrians, Emergency Vehicles and local access will be facilitated by local marshals.
Diversion signage and marshals will be in place for the duration of the closure.
Any person may lodge an objection online through the Consultation Portal, at https://consult.fingal.ie, or in writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Balbriggan, Rush-Lusk, Swords Operational Area, Fingal County Council, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, to arrive no later than 4.00pm on Friday 4th March 2022.
Balbriggan, Rush/Lusk, Swords Operational Area
All comments, including the names of those making comments, which are submitted to the Council regarding this Temporary Road Closure will form part of the statutory report to be presented to the monthly meeting of Fingal County Council. Accordingly the statutory report will list the persons or bodies who made submissions or observations with respect to the proposed Temporary Road Closure in accordance with the regulations of the Road Traffic Act 1994. The submissions will also be included in the minutes of that meeting and consequently will appear on the Council’s Website. By making a submission the name of individual or bodies will appear on the statutory report and minutes of the meeting.