Temporary Closure of Roads in Skerries, Co. Dublin
ROADS ACT 1993 TO 2015– SECTION 75
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF ROADS IN SKERRIES, CO. DUBLIN
An application has been received from the Fingal Triathlon Club for permission to temporarily close roads in the Skerries area for the purpose of holding a Triathlon race. It is proposed that the roads will be closed from 9.00am to 12.30pm Sunday 11th August 2019.
The roads in question are:
• Red Island to Harbour Road
• Harbour Road to Quay Street
• Quay Street to Hoar Rock
• Hoar Rock to White Cottages
• Portion of Skerries to Balbriggan Road (R127) from “the White Cottages” to Hampton Cove.
Alternative routes available for vehicular traffic are as follows:
Access from Skerries to Balbriggan:
• R127 to the junction of the L1275, signposted Ardgillan Castle.
• Turn right onto L1275.
• Turn left at the T-Junction onto Killary Grove, signposted Ardgillan Castle.
• At the T-Junction facing Ardgillan Castle Entrance take the left turn.
• Take the right turn at the T-Junction onto Darcystown Road continuing through Rose Park.
• At the roundabout take the 2nd exit continuing to the next roundabout.
• Take the 1st exit.
• At the R132 take the right turn onto the R132.
HGVs divert via R128 (Loughshinny) and R127 (Lusk), then R132 northbound to Balbriggan.
Access from Balbriggan to Skerries:
• Take the R132 to Balrothery.
• Take the left turn, signposted Ardgillan Park.
• Take the 2nd exit at the roundabout.
• Take the 1st exit at the roundabout onto the Darcystown Road.
• Continue along Ringfort View and Darcystown Road.
• Take the left turn at the T-Junction signposted Ardgillan Castle.
• Continue to the entrance of Ardgillan Castle and take the right turn at the T-Junction.
• Take the left turn at the T-Junction onto the L1275.
• At the R132 Junction take the left turn.
HGVs divert via R132 (southbound) then take the R127 to Lusk and R128 (Loughshinny) to Skerries.
No access from Balbriggan to Skerries via R127.
No access from Lusk to Skerries via R127.
Access to Ardgillan via R132 and Balrothery, Darcystown Road.
Local access, pedestrian and emergency vehicles will be facilitated by local marshals.
Diversion signage and marshals will be in place for the duration of the closure.
Any person may lodge an objection online through the Consultation Portal, at https://consult.fingal.ie, or in writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Balbriggan Swords Operational Area, Fingal County Council, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, to arrive no later than 4.00pm on Friday 19th July 2019.
Michael Carroll, Senior Executive Officer
Balbriggan Swords Operational Area
All comments, including the names of those making comments, submitted to the Council in regard to this Temporary Road Closure will form part of the statutory report to be presented to the monthly meeting of Fingal County Council.
Accordingly the statutory report will list the persons or bodies who made submissions or observations with respect to the
proposed Temporary Road Closure in accordance with the regulations of the Road Traffic Act 1994.
The submissions will also be included in the minutes of that meeting and consequently will appear on the Council’s Website. By making a submission the name of individual or bodies will appear on the statutory report and minutes of the meeting.