Road Limit Speed Limit Order - Rathbeale Road
ROAD WORKS SPEED LIMIT (No. 3) ORDER – UPGRADE WORKS OF RATHBEALE ROAD, SWORDS, CO DUBLIN
Chief Executive Order No. OPS/173/19 the Chief Executive of Fingal County Council in exercise of the powers conferred on her by Section 10 of the Road Traffic Act, 2004 (No. 44 of 2004), made the Road Works Speed Limit (no.1) Order (Upgrade works of Rathbeale Road, Swords, Co Dublin) on 15th May 2019 effective until 29th May 2020. A subsequent Road Works Speed Limit (no.2) Order, which extended the original speed limit order to 29th May 2021 was executed; Chief Executive Order No OPS/135/20.
It is now proposed to make a further order in request of a road works speed limit for the Rathbeale Road, Swords, Co Dublin to facilitate upgrade works.
1. This Order may be cited as the Road Works Speed Limit (No. 3) Order (Upgrade works of Rathbeale Road, Swords, Co Dublin.
2. In this Order “distance” means distance measured along or from the centre line of a road or bridge.
3. This Order shall be in effect until 29th May 2021.
4. Requirements under this Order do not apply to a driver of a fire brigade vehicle, an ambulance or the use by a member of the Garda Siochána of a vehicle in the performance of the duties of that member or a person driving or using a vehicle under the direction of a member of the Garda Siochána, where such use does not endanger the safety of road users.
5. Sixty (60) kilometres per hour shall be the speed limit for all mechanically propelled vehicles on the road specified in the Schedule to this Order.
It is proposed to introduce a 60 km/h transition zone on the Rathbeale Road between a point 207m west of the junction with the future Swords Western Distributor Link Road to a point 812m west of the junction with the future Swords Western Distributor Link Road (Total 605m in length).
I recommend that in the interests of road safety that the Road Works Speed Limit (No. 3) Order Upgrade works of Rathbeale Road, Swords, Co Dublin be made.
Balbriggan Swords Operational Area