Part VIII - The Turvey Avenue Enhancement Project
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (AS AMENDED)
PART 8 OF THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (AS AMENDED)
The Turvey Avenue Enhancement Project, including construction of a 2 metre wide footpath along a section of Turvey Avenue,Donabate, Co. Dublin.
In accordance with Part XI of the Local Government Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) and Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), Fingal County Council hereby gives notice of the proposed works to be carried out at the above site:
- Construction of a 2 metre wide footpath, where no footpath currently exists,over a distance of 115 metres on the northern side of Turvey Avenue, adjacent to the entrance to Turvey Drive housing estate.
- Road resurfacing over a distance of 140 metres, commencing at a point 20 metres to the west of the junction of Turvey Drive and Turvey Avenue and extending from the same point for a distance of 140 metres in an eastwards direction towards Donabate Village.
- Removal and reinstatement of an existing traffic calming ramp.
- Relocation of the existing bus stop on the southern side of Turvey Avenue to a new position located approximately 25 metres east of its current position.
- Provision of an uncontrolled pedestria n crossing immediately east of the junction of Turvey Drive and Turvey Avenue.
- Provision of new gulleys and gulley collectors to improve surface water drainage.
- Removal of two mature trees at the junction of Turvey Drive and Turvey Avenue - new trees will be planted at suitable locations nearby,at a rate of three new trees for every one tree removed, resulting in an overall increase in the number of trees in the area.
- All associated site works.
In accordance with Article 81 and Article 120 of the Planning & Development Regulations 2001 (As Amended), Fingal County Council has concluded from a preliminary examination that no significant effects on the environment are likely as a result of the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required. Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanala for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection at http://consult.fingal.ie/en/browse and inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from Tuesday 15th October 2019 to Wednesday 13th November 2019 at the following:
Fingal County Council,County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin,K67 X8Y2, during normal opening hours (Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm)
Fingal County Council Civic Offices, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, W638, during normal opening hours (Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm) and also available for inspection at:
Donabate Portrane Community and Leisure Centre, Portrane Road, Donabate, Co. Dublin, K36 F598 - opening hours set out on the website below
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made either online through the website https://consult.fingal.ie/en/browse or in writing to Senior Executive Officer, Planning & Strategic Infrastructure Department, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Swords, Co Dublin K67 X8Y2
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development must arrive no later than 5pm on Wednesday 27th November 2019
All the issues that are raised in submissions and observations to the Council in regard to this proposed development, including the response of the Chief Executive thereto, will form part of the statutory report to be presented to the monthly meeting of Fingal County Council. The statutory report will list the persons or bodies who made submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development in accordance with regulations made under Part XI of the Planning and Development Act as amended. The minutes of that meeting including the statutory report will appear on the Council's Website. Details including the names of those making submissions or observations may a lso be shared with relevant Council Departments and agents working on their behalf.
Senior Executive Officer 15th October 2019