Irish Water Strategic Infrastructure Development Planning Application to An Bord Pleanála – Dublin City Council & Fingal County Council Ringsend Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade Project
Irish Water Strategic Infrastructure Development Planning Application to An Bord Pleanála – Dublin City Council & Fingal County Council
Ringsend Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade Project
Irish Water has submitted a planning application for strategic infrastructure development to An Bord Pleanála seeking permission to further progress the upgrade of the Ringsend Wastewater Treatment Plant (WwTP).
The application seeks permission for works required to facilitate the use of Aerobic Granular Sludge (AGS) technology, to omit the previously permitted long sea outfall tunnel and to upgrade the sludge treatment facilities at Ringsend, Dublin 4, and to provide for a Regional Biosolids Storage Facility in Newtown, Dublin 11.
The planning application consists of two primary components:
Component 1: Ringsend WwTP, Pigeon House Road, Dublin 4: Permission is sought for the further development of the Ringsend Wastewater Treatment Plant comprising revisions and alterations to the 2012 approval.
Component 2: Regional Biosolids Facility: Permission is also sought for the development of a Regional Biosolids Storage Facility at Newtown, North Road, Dublin 11.
An Environmental Impact Assessment Report and a Natura Impact Statement have been prepared and accompany the planning application.
The Environmental Impact Assessment Report for the Proposed Upgrade Project consists of the following five volumes:
- Volume 1 - Non-Technical Summary
- Volume 2 - Project Description and Overarching Documents
- Volume 3 - Ringsend Wastewater Treatment Plant (WwTP)
- Volume 4 - Regional Biosolids Storage Facility (RBSF)
- Volume 5 - Drawings
The consultation lasts for a period of seven weeks commencing on Tuesday 12 June 2018.
The application may be viewed at www.ringsendwwtpupgrade.ie.
All documents may be inspected free of charge or purchased on payment of a specified fee (which shall not exceed the reasonable cost of making such copy) during public opening hours for a period of seven weeks commencing on Tuesday 12 June 2018 at the following locations:
- The Offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1
- The Offices Dublin City Council, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8
- The Offices of Fingal County Council, County Offices, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
- The Offices of Fingal county Council, Fingal County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Fingal, Co. Dublin
The consultation lasts for a period of seven weeks commencing on Tuesday 12 June 2018. Submissions or observations can be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála up until 5:30pm on Tuesday 31 July 2018.
Post to The Secretary, An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902
or deliver them to the Board’s offices. (Office hours are 9.15am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, except on public holidays and other days on which the offices are closed).
Any submissions or observations must be accompanied by a fee of €50 and must include the following information:
- Name and address of the person making the submission or observation
- Subject matter of the submission or observation
- Reasons, considerations and arguments in full
Any enquiries relating to the application process should be directed to the Strategic Infrastructure Section of the Board (Tel: +353 1 858 8100).