Fingal County Development Plan 2023-2029 Strategic Issues Paper
We welcome your submissions
Fingal County Council are commencing the review of the current Fingal County Development Plan 2017-2023 and are preparing a new County Development Plan. The preparation of the Fingal Development Plan is one of the most important functions of Fingal County Council, acting as the blueprint for the development of Fingal from a physical, economic, social and environmental viewpoint.
The first consultation phase has commenced and will run from the 12th of March to the 12th of May 2021. Join the conversation and help us make Fingal the place to live, work, visit and do business.
We welcome all members of the general public, businesses, resident’s associations, and community organisations to have a say in influencing and helping to frame the general direction of the next County Development Plan. A Strategic Issues Paper on issues facing the county, is available to view and download from the Council’s online consultation portal which is available on this portal to view online using the Contents pane opposite, or to download as a PDF.
Public Consultation will take place between: Friday 12th March 2021 to Wednesday 12th May 2021 (inclusive).
Viewing the Strategic Issues Paper
In addition to viewing the Strategic Issues Paper on the Council’s online consultation portal here from Friday 12th March 2021 to Wednesday 12th May 2021 inclusive, a copy of the Strategic Issues Paper may be viewed for a period from Friday 12th March 2021 to Wednesday 12th May 2021 inclusive (excluding weekends and bank holidays) during public opening hours at the following locations, by appointment only.
Fingal County Council Offices:
- Civic Offices, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, D15 W638 (Monday to Thursday 9.00a.m.-5.00p.m. and Friday 9.00a.m.- 4.30p.m.)
- County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 X8Y2 (Monday to Thursday 9.00a.m.-5.00p.m. and Friday 9.00a.m.- 4.30p.m.)
To make an appointment, please contact the Customer Care Unit at [email protected] or Phone 01 8905000 from Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays).
Further information on the development plan process including a general information booklet is available on the Council’s dedicated development plan website
Details on upcoming consultation webinars, how you can participate in the webinars and any other relevant information will also be available on this website and through our social media channels.
Making a submission is simply a way for you to give us your thoughts and ideas on what you think are the important things in planning for the future growth of Fingal County and your neighbourhood.
Making a submission is simply a way for you to give us your thoughts and ideas on what you think are the important things in planning for the future growth of Fingal County and your neighbourhood. Fingal County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make submissions or observations with regard to the review of the existing Fingal County Development Plan 2017 – 2023 and the preparation of the new Fingal County Development Plan 2023 – 2029 including the SEA and AA process. In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- Submissions/observations regarding objectives and policies to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the development plan may be made during the period specified in the public notice. Submissions/observations at this stage of the overall planmaking process should be strategic in nature and focus on ‘big picture’ issues.
- Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are particularly encouraged to make submissions or observations regarding the foregoing and the future of our county.
- The Planning Authority intends to review the zoning of the area of the Development Plan for the purposes of developing objectives and policies to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the development plan and the Core Strategy. However, requests or proposals for the zoning of particular land for any purpose shall not be considered at this stage. These more detailed matters will be considered at the draft plan stage which is approximately 12 months away.
- Submissions/observations should include your name, and address and where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent. These details will be published in the Chief Executive’s Report and online. Your address/e-mail address will be used for correspondence purposes only and will be redacted if included in the submission.
- All submissions will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning Act. You are responsible for ensuring that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information in relation to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof.
How To Make Your Submission
You can make your submission online or by post. All submissions must be received before 11.59pm on Wednesday 12th May 2021. We cannot accept late submissions. Everyone is welcome to make a submission (including youth groups, children and those representing children) at each public consultation stage of the Fingal Development Plan.
To make a submission online, please go to:
You can also post your written submission addressed to:
Development Plan Team, Planning and Strategic Infrastructure Department, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 X8Y2.
How To Write A Helpful Submission
Please write short submissions focused on one or more of the seven key themes. If your submission is long, write a summary of your key points at the start of your submission. Your submission does not have to be on all the issues, just the ones that are of interest to you. Include your name and address.
Who Will See Your Submission?
Anyone who wants to. We will put all submissions we get, including those received by post, on the Fingal County Council consultation portal (https://consult.fingal.ie) within 10 days of receipt, and we will include the name of the individual or organisation who made the submission. We will remove other identifying details like your address. We will do this to comply with General Data Protection Regulation.
We do not consider site-specific issues such as the zoning of land for any purpose at this stage of the Development Plan process. We will do this in our Draft Plan stage of consultation.
Important Note Regarding Submissions:
In accordance with Section 11 (3A) (a) of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended), written submissions or observations received by a Planning Authority under this section shall be published on the website of the authority within 10 working days of its receipt by that authority.
As part of the consultation process we will be hosting a series of public information webinars on some of the key themes. Details of how to log on to these webinars will be posted on our website and social media channels and recordings of each webinar will be available at www.fingal.ie/developmentplan