Draft Strategic Policy Committee Scheme
Strategic Policy Committees
Fingal County Council has approved a Draft Strategic Policy Committee (SPC) Scheme which will establish 6 new Strategic Policy Committees as follows:
- Climate Action, Biodiversity and the Environment SPC
- Community Development, Heritage, Culture and Creativity SPC
- Economic, Enterprise & Tourism Development SPC
- Housing SPC
- Planning, Strategic Transport and Infrastructure Development SPC
- Transport & Infrastructure Management SPC
Membership of the Strategic Policy Committees is drawn from the 40 Elected Members and a total of 20 additional nominees from external sectoral groupings representing the following sectors:
- Trade Union.
- Social Inclusion
The draft SPC Scheme has been circulated to the above sectoral groupings for consultation.
Details of the national pillars from which representation is drawn are included in the Draft SPC Scheme. The national coordinators facilitate the nomination process for representatives of local organisations active in the County.
Submissions in relation to the Draft SPC Scheme are now invited and should be submitted before 12noon on Friday 16th August 2019.