Draft Fingal County Development Plan 2023-2029
NOTICE OF PREPARATION OF THE DRAFT
FINGAL COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2023 – 2029
We welcome your submissions
Notice is hereby given that Fingal County Council, being the Planning Authority for the County, has pursuant to Section 12 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended) prepared a Draft Fingal County Development Plan for the period 2023-2029.
The Draft Plan is accompanied by a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report, prepared in accordance with the SEA Directive (2001/42/EC) and in accordance with the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (S.I. No. 436 of 2004) (as amended), and an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Natura Impact Report pursuant to the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
The Draft Plan (Written Statement, including Appendices), SEA Environmental Report, AA Natura Impact Report, Strategic Flood Risk Assessment and Maps will be on display from Thursday 24th February 2022 to Thursday 12th May 2022 (both dates inclusive) as follows:
- online at https://consult.fingal.ie/en/browse
- Fingal County Council Offices, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin
- Fingal County Council, Civic Offices, Grove Road, Blanchardstown Dublin 15
The opening hours for the above offices are 9:00am to 5:00pm (Monday to Thursday) and 9:00am to 4:30pm (Fridays) excluding Bank Holidays and Good Friday 15th April 2022
The documents may also be inspected at the following branches of Fingal County Council libraries during the display period:
- Balbriggan Library, George’s Square, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin
- Baldoyle Library, Strand Road, Baldoyle, Dublin 13
- Blanchardstown Library, Civic Centre, Blanchardstown Centre, Dublin 15
- Donabate Library, Donabate/Portrane Community Leisure Centre, Portrane Road, Donabate, Co. Dublin
- Garristown Library, Main Street, Garristown, Co. Dublin
- Howth Library, Main Street, Howth, Co. Dublin
- Malahide Library, Main Street, Malahide, Co. Dublin
- Rush Library, Chapel Green, Rush, Co. Dublin
- Swords Library, Swords Shopping Centre, Rathbeale Road, Swords, Co. Dublin https://www.fingal.ie/fingallibraries
Have your say
Public consultation events will be advertised during the display period on the Council’s dedicated development plan website https://www.fingal.ie/development-plan
Submissions or observations regarding the Draft Plan (Written Statement, including Appendices), SEA Environmental Report, AA Natura Impact Report, Strategic Flood Risk Assessment and Maps are invited from members of the public and other interested parties. You can make a submission or observation from Thursday 24th February 2022 and the final date for receipt of all submissions or observations is before 11.59pm on Thursday 12th May 2022. Submissions or observations can be made through the following two options only:
- Online via the Council’s Online Consultation Portal https://consult.fingal.ie/en/browse
- By Post in writing addressed to Senior Executive Officer, Planning and Strategic Infrastructure Department, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 X8Y2.
Make an online submission
There are many benefits of making a submission using this consultation portal. For example, you can:
- Start your submission and complete later
- Indicate areas of interest on an interactive map
- View all zoning layers and other layers of interest related to the plan
- After submissions are published, easily query all consultation data
- Get notifications and updates about the consultation
Register for an account today for all Fingal public consultations. This is a one-time process. Once you have activated your registration through the link sent to your email address, you can then make a submission
Make a written submission
Written submissions or observations marked Draft Fingal County Development Plan 2023 – 2029 should be submitted by Post in writing addressed to Senior Executive Officer, Planning and Strategic Infrastructure Department, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 X8Y2.
Please make your submission or observation by one medium only i.e. Online via the Consultation Portal or by hard copy.
Ensure your submission or observation is clearly marked Draft Fingal County Development Plan 2023 – 2029.
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- Submissions/observations should include your name and address, a map (if required for identification purposes) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent (These details will be included in the Chief Executive’s Report and online). Your address/email address will be used for correspondence purposes only and will be redacted.
- Children, or groups, associations or guardians representing the interests of children, are particularly encouraged to make submissions or observations regarding the foregoing.
- Please be advised that all submissions/observations received will be published online on the Council’s Consultation Portal in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended) within 10 working days of receipt.
- You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous, or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission/ observation. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission/observation or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement.
Written submissions or observations with respect to the Draft Plan that are made to the Planning Authority within the period stated will be taken into consideration before the making of the Plan.
The Closing Date for receipt of submissions or observations is before 11:59pm on the 12th May 2022.
Please note LATE submissions/observations will not be considered.
Matthew McAleese, Director of Services
Planning and Strategic Infrastructure Department.