Baldoyle and Portmarnock Pedestrian and Cyclist Scheme
NOTICE UNDER SECTION 177AE (4) (a) OF THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (AS AMENDED)
BALDOYLE AND PORTMARNOCK PEDESTRIAN AND CYCLIST SCHEME
Fingal County Council is making an application for approval to An Bord Pleanála under Section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) to carry out a development consisting of a new pedestrian and cyclist scheme between Baldoyle and Portmarnock, Co. Dublin.
The proposed development consists of:
- Construction of approximately 1.8km of pedestrian and cyclists adjacent to the Coast Road (R106) from Red Arches Road to just south of the Coast Road/Station Road roundabout
- The development generally consists of a 3m wide cycletrack and 2m wide footpath separated by a 2.4m wide grass verge and is located in the Racecourse Park.
- Construction of a new 30m long, 4m wide bridge over the Mayne River
- Upgrading of the existing priority junction between the Coast Road (R106) and Moyne Road to a signal controlled junction with pedestrian facilities
- Provision of toucan crossing facilities on Coast Road at either end of the proposed scheme
- Diversion and undergrounding of existing services where required
- Provision of a controllable, intelligent public lighting system
- Provision of landscaping, signage and other works ancillary to the construction and operation of the proposed development
A Natura Impact Assessment has been prepared in respect of the proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
A copy of the Natura Impact Statement and the Plans and Particulars of the proposed development may be inspected free of charge or purchased at a cost of €100,- between the hours of 9:30am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank & Public Holidays) until 23rd March 2018 at the offices of Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, and the County Hall, Grove Road, Blanchardstown and the Baldoyle Library, Strand Road, Baldoyle, Co. Dublin.
.Submissions and observations may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin, quoting project reference PL06F.300840 on or before 23rd March 2018 relating to the implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area, the likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and the likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European Site, if carried out.
A person may question the validity of any such decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review under Order 84 of the Rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986) in accordance with Section 50 of the Planning and Development Acts, 2000 to 2015.
Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading ‘Publications – Judicial Review Notice’ on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizen’s Information website www.citizensinformation.ie
Director of Services
Planning and Strategic Services Department